Greetings to our friends, supporters, & accomplices!
We wanted to take a moment to reach out to our community for some support. This month we came up a fair bit short for rent and our utility bills, and are having a hard time as we dig deep to pull funds together. Could you or your organization help us out? Pass the hat, organize a benefit event, set out a change jar, have a yard sale… anything helps! (Donations can also be made on our website, just click “Donate.”) The infoshop is a 100% volunteer-run, 100% donation-funded space open to the community and dedicated to confronting social and environmental injustices, so you know once we make our bottom line the rest of our funding goes into organizing radical events and joining the push for liberation in our community, our state, and across all borders!
Some things that’ve been going on around Taala Hooghan as of late…
- Last month the infoshop was a key sponsor among dozens of others supporting the massive Human Rights March in downtown Flagstaff. Open banner-making workspace in our community room helped add many banners and signs to the event to make sure marcher’s messages were heard loud and clear!
- Green things are a growin’ in the community garden! Plots are free and there’s still plenty of time and space to sow your seeds or transplant! Stop by for more info, or email us!
- Our community computer lab and hackspace is now up and running, as well, complete with three desktops, wi-fi and printing.
- As always, we strive to provide a space that is free from racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and all oppressive behaviors. Additionally–for music, films, discussions and more–we are one of the few places you can find in Flagstaff where events are always all-ages and always drug & alcohol free.
- Make sure to check out our May Calendar for more events and opportunities! Or visit us at www.taalahooghan.org/calendar
Support doesn’t just look like cash, either. We’re looking for volunteers and new collective members to help make this space live out its potential. Come to volunteer meetings every Friday at 5:30pm, or come by during open hours. Donations of any kind are welcomed, too!
Keep loving, keep fighting!
Taala Hooghan Infoshop